Monday 21 January 2013

Personal Project - Development


Here are the darkroom images i done inspired by Jason Travis. They didn't come out as well as I hoped in terms of lighting and the lack of focus looks accidental. I also had some problems in terms of developing as the negative came out stripy again again which is what happened the last time I asked my teacher and she advised me to allow some time for the negative to be in the fix for over half an hour to see if the problem would resolve. In the end it solved the issue. As you can see from my contact sheet where the stripes were. I'm going to use these images underneath the portraits and cut them into strips and ensemble them into a pattern to make them more visually interesting.  
 



These portrait were taken on a DSLR of the people that I previously took the object from. I wanted to use these people as you can see there face and then there everyday objects they hold that are important to them. I have done four show you can see similarities and different in what people find important. 






After I had done this I printed them out and started to experiment with them by cutting them up. This is when I found some inspiration on pintrest and found the artist Greg Sand which uses the same technique.


I started to use different material such as coloured card. 

As you can see from this image the two images were going different ways and i wanted them to match. I then realised that I was cutting them the same way and one had to be cut horizontally and the other vertically.



I then photo copied the image onto graph paper in black and white and the coloured paper in slightly transparent. As you can see they slightly don't match but I think this technique still works well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment