Tuesday 18 December 2012

Personal Project - Progress Review


During this project and experimentation, I tried to use new techniques in the darkroom I haven't done before in order to extend my knowledge. For example combinational printing, drawing on tracing paper,multiple exposures and experimenting with developer. In terms of digital experiments, I having been using a app called ''Instagram'' and using a variety of effects e.g. ''Lomo Effect'', '' X-Pro 11'', ''Lo-Fi'', and ''Hefe''. Using them I've enhanced my images to the best they can be. 

I've tried to take simple ideas and photograph skilfully by concentrating on lighting and focus. For this project, I really wanted to concentrate on the technical ability of taking photographs rather than the image itself and what's within it. 

So far in this project, my research has been looking through pintrest and getting a range of ideas for future photographs trying to find interesting ways to capture the theme ''documentary''. 

I have tried to develop my outcomes by refining them and combining techniques to get a more complex and interesting outcome. Using technique I learnt from the previous project I have tried to incorporate them into this project. 

I have brief annotations on blog and more detail into my sketchbook and this has helped me to quickly find out the timings and settings to them to improve and enhance them. 

Double exposure worked the most and the results came out the best. Combinational printing didn't work so well as when you are putting black paper over the paper, something the square doesn't meet and you can see it when it is developed. 

In the future I will improving my double exposure skills and seeing how they work with my images. I think this will work the best. 

To develop my techniques I can use more than one technique in order to produce a final outcome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment