Sunday 17 March 2013

Exam Unit - Indepth Analysis - Inzajeano Latif

'' This is Tottenham''


Became interested in photography five years ago and took a photography degree.''Inzajeano is primarily a portrait photography engaging with people that often live on the fringes of society. He examines how they interact in their environments. The work he produces leaves room for the viewer to impart a little of themselves within each photograph, bringing them closer to what otherwise would be absent.'' - http://uk.linkedin.com/in/inzajeano

 This image has been taken from quite a far distance view maybe over the road of a young girl at a bus stop. She looks like shes coming home from school as she's in her uniform waiting for a bus home of her own. The framing been done is the the girl is in central foreground therefore our main focus is her.

I think that this photograph could have been planned and could of asked someone to dress in uniform for him and pose but I think that the artist may have come across this young girl and have asked her to take a photograph. I think this image would have been taken on a digital camera then edited in Photoshop to decreased the colours to make the image look more dark and cool.

I think the artist has really captured a mood from the young girl from her blank expression. The dark colours coming off the bus stop also adds to the depressing mood. Could this reflect on what the young girl is thinking? It reflects the loneliness of London and also young people. You could relate to this work as young girl trying to look older through jewellery and piercings when from her face you can tell her youth. Most young girls today are like this. This image represent most young girls in London today. I think the artist was trying to show how we feel about the environment around us. He particularly looks at much poorer areas where there are more council estate and unemployment  This to show the real urban side of London and what's really going on.

I really liked looking at this artist as I can relate to this work. In the area that I live in we have a lot of blocks and little parks that children play in. I think the work in Latif has inspired me to do some of my own shots to try and portray where I live and the kind of people that live here with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment