Sunday 16 September 2012

Enhanced Image A2 Indepth Analyis - Dan Mountford

Image of Hideaway Hands


This image is called ''Hideaway Hands'' by Dan Mountford. Mountford is 21 yea old student living in brighton. He works in photography, illustration and editorial & motion design. This is a double exposure photograph.His work has been exhibited in Solo Show, Gallerie Florence Leoni, 10th DEC - 17TH DEC 2011, Paris, FR. I have chosen to analyse this artist as his work is similar to other artist I have researched. 

Other students have researched this artist and have found out more information. After exposure, Mountford later edits his images with either Photoshop or Adobe Illustrator. The theme of this artist work is double exposure's. The image could tell you a story about the person in it. This looks like that the person maybe insecure, or an event has happened prior to this. Only being shown a small section makes it more visually interesting and gives it another layer of meaning.

The double exposure technique has been used where you placed two negatives on top of one another into the negative carrier and expose the light onto the photographic paper. You then use the relevant photographic process to process the image. Black and white colour was used for this image which are my favourite kind of images. For this one in particular, the image inside the hand is quite dark and draws us into the light parts which are the eyes. This makes it the center point. The composition has been thought out and make it look as though the person behind is traps and the hand is reaching out could be contrasting ideas. Bringing in the composition and the use of colour has produced and intriguing dark image that could say many things.

I have chosen to look at this artist as I was researching another artist Mountford was compared to him. This made me intrested in seeing his work as if they were compared I would like his work. I have enjoyed looking at this artist work as they may have double meanings and not necessarily obvious first looking. I enjoying looking at images that made you think about them and questioning on how they make you feel. My first reaction to the work was insecurities, but as I looked at the image more I began to think of more scenario that it could be. Mountford work reminds me of Florian Imgrund as they use the same technique of multi-exposure, which are one of the technique I like. These artist have inspired to carry on improving my technique of double exposure.

No comments:

Post a Comment