Sunday 30 September 2012

Enhanced Image Project - Darkroom Prints.



 First of all I created test strips to refresh my skills in the dark room. I also created test strips for my prints to find out the right timings and settings.
This image is of the power station across the road from my house.
Using aperture setting of 11 and filter 5,0 left on for 7 seconds I got this result

I then experimented with a print of exposing it to the light and the painting on the developer.
Another technique of highlighting area's. 

Again here I used a coin to place on my photographic paper when exposed  to the light.
what i didn't do was exspose the whole image at first for half the exposure time, then place the coin over the top.
Therefore mine is blank rather than a highlight.


This one I wanted the vignette effect. For this I got a piece of black card and cut out a oval shape,
after this was done I adjusted my lighting setting and whilst exposing to the light you hover the card over you paper to get a soft edge effect

No comments:

Post a Comment