Sunday 16 September 2012

Enhanced Image A2 Indepth Analysis -Florian Imgrund




This particular piece of artwork was created by an artist called Florian Imgrund. This image was created with an analog camera. Florian first brought his camera in 2012 and since then his passion for photography has grown. On his website, he has a small selection  of images. All of his images are taken on a film camera and then self developed with no computer manipulation. This image has had double exposure, when you place two negative on top of one another and exposed them onto the photographic paper. I have chosen this specific photographer out of the rest of them is because of his technique, I have tried this myself and enjoyed the result and would like to continue experimenting in the future. 

The artist hasn't given his images any names or captions so I couldn't retrieve that kind of information. Christopher said; '' I don’t think I've been this impressed with double exposure work since first discovering Dan Mountford.'' This image has a deeper meaning representing life. From the readings, Florian gained inspiration just purchasing a camera and has been shooting ever since. All his images have the same theme of double exposure of combining images of people and of nature creating interesting results that can be quite powerful and thought provoking. 

Materials used were an analog film camera, then later self developed in a darkroom with an enlarger and the relevant chemicals with computer manipulation. As already said, his technique is double exposure. The process involved is after the film is processed you put two negative on top of one another and place them in the negative carrier, you then experiment and produce the right lighting times and then go through the step by step chemicals; developer, stop and fix and come up with these results. For this particular artist his images are black and white. I think this produces and strong bold emotion tied with the image itself to produce a striking result. Imgrund has specific thought about composition and which works better to complement the two images. 

When I look at this image, it makes me think of a wide range of opportunities. The person in the image having his arms open to the world represents dreams and hope. That anything is possible and whatever you want to do you should go for it. It also makes me think of freedom. My reaction to the work was the colour - my personal preference I prefer black and white images. It was also the technique because I've used the same technique before as well. It is good to have done something yourself before as I think this makes you understand the process more yourself. I have enjoyed looking through this artist work and it has inspired me to do more of these image using the same technique and will help me to improve and be able to create similar images to these.

florian imgrund - link to artist website

No comments:

Post a Comment