Monday 17 September 2012

Enhancement Project - A2 - Nina Chakrabarti

faces_colour
This image was made by an artist called Nina Chakrabarti under a selection of images called ''Magazines Doodles''. Nina originally came from India, but later moved to London to study illustration. She still lives in London.  She likes to combine her art with objects. I have chosen to analyse this piece as it has taken a piece of work and created a layer and built up onto it a made it more visually attractive. It is also different from the usual artist that I look at.

Chakrabarti also illustrated books such as '' Penelopaid - Margaret Atwood ''. I would associate this art work with contemporary photography as it a quite modern approach going over work and adding to it. The theme of this image could be colour due to the colours used. The title of the work was called ''Magazine Doodles'', from the title says a lot. It could imply quick experiments the artist has created. It could also be todo with on the front of the magazine the word ''BEAUTY'' is placed in bright bold white at the top of the title. The artist has then go on over the model face, the could be her way of expressing her interpretation of beauty.


From the image shown it looks like the artist has used magazines papers along with ink and has then gone along and scanned in her work and edited it over Photoshop.This artist uses bright bold colours like pinks, purples and blues which makes it visually exciting and attractive.  I can imagine the image being A4 size of the magazine. The lines are very free and flowing and give the image a sense of movement. The pattern of flowing lines makes it look as though the lines are growing. With the colours and lines used makes the image looks free and light. I enjoyed looking at these images.

I have chosen to look at this work as it was one of the artist I have glad briefly looked at before and wanted to revert away from black and white images and this artist work drew to me the most. My first reaction to the work was that it was bright. I also liked the detailed pattern. The piece reminds me of when you're bored and you start doodling but a much more well presented piece of art. I haven't seen any other artist like Chakrabarti work as she has a unique way of working. This work has inspired me to more with Photoshop and experiment with layering work.



No comments:

Post a Comment