Friday 13 July 2012

Geraldine Georges is a young Belgian illustrator/graphic designer uses a wonderful and sophisticated blend of illustration and photography. 
Her work is often abstract of the female form, captures the eye and imagination. Influences of fashion and couture flow throught her wonderful pieces. - http://www.indiesart.com/artist/225-geraldine-georges


examples of the artists work


my interpretation
To create this image you first selected the original image, I got a image of tree from Google and opened it into Photoshop. I then resized and placed it where I wanted it to be. I then used the lasso tool on Photoshop and drew around my image not being too neat. You then need to hold ctrl and the mouse the inverse it, press delete then deselect it. You can then go around your image using the eraser tool to create some kind of effect. You next create a new layer. Select the shape tool and select eclipse and put the shape where you would like it. Put this layer underneath the original one and fill the shape black. You then need to add on another additional layer and click on the brushes tool, select any type of brush you want, be experimental with it.

My interpretation isn't the same as Georges as I wanted to make it a little bit different. I like the artist work as it is different and creative and there prep e.g. the Photoshop work before the end result. If I had more time I would like to have created more and improve and get my interpretations more like the originals. Overall, I enjoyed creating these images. 


No comments:

Post a Comment